The purpose of a review course is to give individuals the opportunity to review the course content within a formal course setting. The review course format optimizes a participant’s ability to successfully complete the knowledge and skills evaluations. The responsibility for preparing for the final written exam is shared by the instructor and the participant.
Upon completion of this course participants will receive YMCA Lifeguard Certificate, American Health and Safety BLS, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen Administration.
Individuals with a current YMCA Lifeguard certificate may participate in the review course.
- Approximately 16 hours.
- Course times may vary to include breaks.
- Attend and participate in all class sessions.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.
- Demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios.
- Pass the Lifeguard test with a minimum grade of 80 percent.
- Pass American Health and Safety Institute BLS, First Aid and Emergency Oxygen Administration tests with a minimum grade of 80 percent.