The purpose of a review course is to give individuals the opportunity to review the course content within a formal course setting. The review course format optimizes a participant’s ability to successfully complete the knowledge and skills evaluations. The responsibility for preparing for the final written exam is shared by the instructor and the participant.
Upon completion of this course participants will receive American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED valid for 2 years.
Individuals with a current ARC Lifeguarding certificate may participate in the review course.
- Approximately 16 hours.
- Course times may vary to include breaks.
- Attend and participate in all class sessions.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.
- Demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios.
- Pass the CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid and Lifeguarding Skills final written exams with minimum grades of 80 percent.